On the 17th of October, we together make a fist for a radically different housing policy. Everybody should have access to affordable and secure housing: it’s a human right! The current housing policy of the state and the municipalities is failing for years to secure this human right. A broad coalition of organizations demand:
- Housing policy that guarantees availability, affordability, and housing security.
- No homelessness, no evictions, no forced relocations.
- Investment in widely accessible public housing: stop the marginalization of the social sector, abolish the landlord levy.
- No discriminatory housing policy. Get rid of the Rotterdamwet and more homes for people with disabilities.
- Policy that includes and supports residents to participate in the development of their homes, neighborhoods, and cities.
- Containing the financialization of housing: houses are not commodities. Freeze rents for 5 years.
- Fewer market forces, lower rents: extract the WOZ value from the rent, regulate rents also in the free sector, and make the point system generally binding. Penalize excessive rents.
- Treat buying and renting as equal. Support housing cooperatives and provide access to land.
- Reverse flexibility and guarantee housing security: fixed rental contracts and permanent housing.
Het Actiefonds supports the organization of de Woonopstand. Come to Rotterdam on the 17th of October and make a fist for a radically different housing policy! Sign the call to action as an organization? Go to www.woonopstand.nl!
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram