About Het Actiefonds
Het Actiefonds is a radical progressive fund for activism. We strive for a just, inclusive and sustainable world in which people, the environment and animals are placed above economic interests. We do so by supporting grassroots social movements and action groups worldwide in their fight for a structural change and better society.
To be able to assess a variety of applications, we work with a large network of well-connected and specialized volunteers. With about 50 regional specialists divided in several regional sections, we discuss applications from activists on monthly basis. The organization itself is run by a small, self-managing and independent team of professionals. Their work is supervised from a distance by the Board, which is responsible for setting up the right direction and keeping the strategical vision on track.
Who are we looking for?
- You are an idealist who wants to contribute to a transformation towards a just and sustainable world. You recognize and believe in the crucial role that social movements and activists play in social change and you want to actively communicate this vision.
- Excellent strategic thinker
- Connector with a solid network within progressive grassroots movements and potential donors. You also have practical ideas about how Het Actiefonds can support and connect various groups.
- You are committed and are available for at least 2 half days per month for Board meetings and related work
- You are a professional with relevant experience in coordinating teams and facilitating cooperative efforts.
What are you going to do?
- Monitor the objective of the organization, the organizational form and the liability of the board as laid down in the statutes.
- Supervise the implementation and adherence to the multi-year strategy
- Monitor the atmosphere and mutual relationships within the team and the
- Organize, facilitate and chair the board meetings.
- Work closely with the rest of the board without a hierarchy.
- The board meets 6 to 10 times a year and communicates further by telephone and e-mail. The board positions are initially for 2 years, extension by 2 years is possible.
- We are looking for a new Chairman that can join our board as soon as possible and will officially take over the Chairman’s duties from July 2021. Until then, the person wil be trained by the current chairman.
Does it sound like a match? Send your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 March. For more information you can also call Katja on 06-51540807. The interviews will take place between April 5th and 9th.