Position within the organization
Our work is divided into 5 geographical Regional sections, which serve as advisory arms of the organization. Behind each Regional Section is a dedicated team of Regional Specialists that meet once a month to evaluate incoming applications and build our network. At the moment we are looking for Regional Specialist to join our Eastern Europe/MENA Region Section with a specific focus on Northern Africa.
About the position
As a Regional Specialist, it is important that you have certain regional network and knowledge of the socio-political relations in the region, as well as understanding of the dynamics of social movements in general. The Section meets once a month in the evening to discuss applications and you are expected to attend the meetings as well as actively prepare for them by reviewing the applications.
Who are we looking for
- You are well connected activist with a knowledge and/or network within progressive grassroots movements within North Africa region.
- You recognize and believe in the crucial role that social movements and activists play in social change.
- You are committed and available for at least 8 out of 12 evenings per year.
What can we offer
- Opportunity to be behind the decision-making wheel of Het Actiefonds.
- Space and place to broaden, deepen and develop your knowledge and network of social movements in the region.
- Opportunity to connect to like-minded people with similar background/knowledge/expertise of social movements in the region.
- Travel allowance.
Each section meets once a month in Amsterdam. To ensure continuity within a section, you are expected to attend at least 8 of the 12 meetings per year and to remain active within the section for at least one year. Het Actiefonds has a mutual trial period of three months. During this period, it is checked whether there is a click between you and the other section members.
Does this sound interesting to you? Please reach out to Diana Quirschfeld on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV or any questions that you might have. For more information you can also call Diana on 06-27845958. The interviews will take place in July 2022.