The demands of het Woonverzet in The Hague are the same as the earlier compiled Housing manifest. A shared manifest, created by the organizations of het Woonprotest, de Woonopstand, and several action groups, to demand a radically different housing policy.
- Make cobatting (imminent) homelessness a top priority
- Provide widely accessible public housing
- Guarantee affordability
- Guarantee housing security
- Diminish housing inequality between tenants and home owners
- Assure equal access to housing
- Grant residents an equal say over their environment
- End housing speculation
- Don’t give slumlords and rogue brokers a chance
- Put vacant properties to good use and decriminalize squatting
Het Actiefonds supported het Woonprotest and de Woonopstand and is happy to contribute again to the Dutch housing movement by supporting Woonverzet. We support the demands and call on everyone to come to The Hague and join the march on the 14th of November!
14/11, 14:00, Woonverzet, Koekamp Den Haag
Facebook event for more info