Wanted: region specialists South Asia(SAARC)/East Asia
Het Actiefonds has five sections with region specialists (volunteers) who decide which projects will be funded. We are now looking for volunteers with knowledge of and a network in either the Easte Asian region or the South Asian region (SAARC countries). Are you from this region? Or do you have roots in this region? Do you have affinity with activism and social movements and a few spare hours every month? And do you endorse the objectives and vision of Het Actiefonds? Join our section!
The Asia section is responsible for funding action groups in different countries on the Asian continent. In addition to assessing funding proposals, we try to increase the awareness of Het Actiefonds in the region.
Who are we looking for:
- You recognize and believe in the crucial role that social movements and activists play in social change
- Knowledge of socio-political relations in the region;
- A network of activists and critical grassroots movements in the region;
- You are committed and available for at least 8 out of 12 monthly meetings per year.
What can we offer:
- Opportunity to be behind the decision-making wheel of Het Actiefonds.
- Space and place to broaden, deepen and develop your knowledge and network of social movements in the region.
- Opportunity to connect to like-minded people with similar background/knowledge/expertise of social movements in the region.
- Travel allowance.
When you become an active member of the section, we do not expect you to be an expert on all topics and countries. It is important that you have some knowledge of the socio-political relations and also that you have some insights into the dynamics of social movements. During the discussions at the monthly meetings you will deepen and develop your knowledge further.
We want to especially encourage people who have roots in the region to apply.
Each section meets once a month in Amsterdam. To ensure continuity within a section, you are expected to attend at least 8 of the 12 meetings per year and to remain active within the section for at least one year. Het Actiefonds has a mutual trial period of three months. During this period, it is checked whether there is a click between you and the other section members.
To ensure continuity within a section, you are expected to attend at least eight out of the twelve meetings per year and that you remain active for at least one year. Het Actiefonds employs a mutual trial period of three months. If you live outside of Amsterdam, you will get your travel costs reimbursed.
Do you want to apply? Or do you have questions? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV or any questions that you might have.